Our courgette, pea and mint soup is a great recipe for using up all those courgettes that suddenly proliferate in the garden during the summer months. And if you're growing your own fresh mint, then all the better! This soup works equally well hot or cold so on those particularly hot summer days, try serving it chilled.
For a delicious vegan courgette, pea and mint soup, use olive oil to sauté your vegetables and also as as a final garnish (along with extra chopped fresh herbs). And if you really want to amp up the pea and mint vibes, serve this with bread and our Fresh Mint, Pea & Parsley Dip!
Courgette, Pea and Mint Soup
- 2 oz of unsalted butter or olive oil
- 2lbs courgettes, roughly chopped.
- 500g frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ pt chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 handful mint
- Black pepper
- Chopped fresh herbs for serving (chives, basil, oregano, and mint all work well)
- Good olive oil or crème fraiche for serving
- Heat the butter or oil in a large pan and add the onion. Cook over low heat for a few mins. Add the garlic and cook for another min then add the chopped courgettes. Cook gently over a low heat until soft, stirring from time to time, don’t let them brown.
- Add the stock and then simmer for approx. 15 mins until the ingredients are soft and mushy. Add the peas at the end for the last 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Add the mint leaves then liquidise with a blender.
- Finally return to the hob to heat through again and add seasoning to taste. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the crème fraiche or olive oil and fresh herbs.
Looking for more courgette recipes? Try these from our fresh herb recipe collection: