Tomatoes are usually reserved for summer dishes but with our Fresh Rosemary & Tomato Ketchup you can bring a taste of summer to your winter cooking with this easy tomato risotto. To make it extra special we add diced mozzarella or top with slices of goats cheese. Garnish with fresh rosemary, pea shoots, rocket, or any other fresh greens if you'd like.
Easy Tomato Risotto
Serves 5 | Cooking time: 25 mins
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 30g Butter
- 1 glass of white wine
- 500g Risotto Rice
- 2 pints of chicken stock
- 1 bottle A Little Bit Food Co. Rosemary & Tomato Ketchup
- 300g diced mozzarella or sliced goats cheese
- Fresh Rosemary (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil (optional)
- Melt the butter in a heavy based sauce pan and add the onion. Cover and gently cook over a medium/low heat until translucent (approx. 10 mins), being careful not to brown.
- Once the onions are cooked add the risotto rice and stir into the butter for 1 min until the grains are coated.
- Add the glass of wine and cook until it has disappeared.
- Then add the stock a ladle at a time, stirring the rice every now and then throughout cooking. After approx. 20 mins the rice should be cooked and all the stock used up. The risotto is best served a little ‘al dente’, so there is still a little bite in it and it isn’t too soft. If it is still too crunchy then add some more stock or hot water and carry on cooking for a bit.
- Stir in the Ketchup, we use most of a bottle for 5 people but half maybe enough depending upon your taste!
- Heat though and then add the mozzarella and stir until it starts to melt.
- Add salt and pepper and some fresh rosemary to taste.
- Serve immediately, delicious with some peppery rocket and you can add a drizzle of olive oil on top.