This courgette and aubergine tart makes for an easy vegetarian light lunch or a super starter for a dinner party. We've added a twist with our Fresh Oregano & Aubergine Dip, a delicious compliment to the summery courgettes and peas. You can make this tart ahead of time and the leftovers keep well for easy meals or picnics. Serve alongside a fresh green salad or steamed greens.
Courgette & Aubergine Tart
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced
- 200g peas, cooked and then drained and cooled
- 180g cream cheese
- Juice of half a lemon
- 320g pack of ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 tbs grated parmesan
- 1 x jar A Little Bit Fresh Oregano & Aubergine Dip
- 1 x tbs chopped fresh mint
- 1 x tbs chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbs Olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Cook the courgettes for 5 mins until golden around the edges, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Unroll the pastry. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and lay the pastry on top. Score a border around the pastry 1 cm from the edge and prick the centre with a fork in several places. Put some baking parchment over the centre of the pastry and some baking beans and bake in the oven for 10 mins. Remove and push down lightly if any bubbles have formed or the pastry has risen in the centre. Then put back in the oven for another 10 mins, without baking parchment on top until it turns golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the pastry to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile mix the cream cheese, lemon, salt and pepper and mint in a bowl and spread over the base of the pastry (avoiding the 1cm border). Then spread over the Fresh Oregano & aubergine Dip. Next add the peas and courgettes and finally sprinkle with parmesan cheese and chives. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top.
- Serve the tart cold as is or, if you prefer it warm, pop it back in the oven for 5 minutes before serving.