These mini veal burgers went down a treat at a recent summer barbecue. When it comes to burgers, pork or beef is the usual choice but we've found that veal is a great alternative and makes for a sensationally tender and juicy burger. Of course, it's all about the toppings - our veal burger toppings of choice are lettuce, tomato, and the essential ingredient: lots of A Little Bit Rosemary & Tomato Ketchup.
We've made these burgers as "sliders" because we were feeding lots of kids (and sliders are fun!) but feel free to shape the burgers however large or small you'd like. And for a great side dish, try our red cabbage coleslaw or this watermelon, cucumber and feta salad.
Mini Veal Burgers with Fresh Rosemary & Tomato Ketchup
- 500g Veal Mince
- 1 x small finely chopped onion
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 x garlic clove, crushed
- 1 slice stale bread, in breadcrumbs
- 60g grated parmesan
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 1 handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 handful of basil, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook onions over a low heat until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Put the onions and garlic in a bowl and once cooled add the mince and other ingredients. Mix together (this is best done with hands). Shape the mixture into burgers - whatever shape you like (we chose mini burgers as we were feeding lots of kids!).
- Cook on the BBQ until browned and cooked through.
- Serve on a burger bun with your favourite toppings. We recommend lettuce, tomatoes and then the essential ingredient; lots of A Little Bit Rosemary & Tomato Ketchup.