For the marinade and fish:
- 3/4 cup loosely packed chervil sprigs (1/2 oz.)
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup of rocket, finely chopped
- 2 shallots onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 pounds skinned hake fillets, cut into 6 equal portions (could also substitute with Halibut fillets)
For the sauce:
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup loosely packed chervil sprigs, plus sprigs and chive flowers for garnish
- About 1/2 tsp. salt
For the prawns
- 18 Headless King prawns
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 15 g butter
- Preheat oven to 200°. Put marinade ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until until very smooth. Pour into a bowl, add fish, and gently turn to coat.
- Arrange fillets on a foil lined, rimmed baking sheet and bake until they flake slightly when gently pressed, and a bit of liquid collects around them, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat butter in a frying pan, add prawns and cook, turning regularly, until they have all turned pink and are cooked through, approximately 5 mins. Add garlic and cook for 2 more mins.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: Put wine, shallots, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until reduced by half, about 4 minutes, then whisk in butter, 1 tbsp. at a time. Pour into a blender and mix briefly, then add 3/4 cup chervil and pulse until finely chopped.
- Pour sauce into shallow bowls, top with fish and put 3 prawns on top of each fillet, add salt to taste, and garnish with more chervil.
Learn more about how to grow and cook with chervil.