This recipe makes use of seasonal asparagus which goes deliciously well with lemon balm. It's easy to make an herb butter with lemon balm by simply heating some butter in a pan then adding some chopped lemon balm once the butter has melted. This, drizzled over griddled or boiled asparagus, is like Spring on a plate!
Find more recipes using lemon balm on our blog.
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON BALM BUTTER
- 200g Asparagus
- Knob of butter
- Olive Oil
- 1 tbs Lemon Balm leaves, chopped
- Parmesan (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Cook asparagus in boiling salted water for 2 mins. Drain and then toss with a little olive oil.
- Heat a griddle pan to very hot, place the asparagus on the griddle and cook for a few minutes, turning to make evenly charred.
- Meanwhile, melt a knob of butter in a pan. When melted add chopped lemon Balm.
- Divide the asparagus between 2 plates, season and top each pile with a drizzle of the melted herb butter. You can also add some grated Parmesan.
Wondering what else to do with lemon balm? Check out our May Herb of the Month!
Keywords: lemon balm, asparagus