This recipe is all about the horseradish sauce, which includes roasted garlic and maple syrup for a sweet and potent creamy sauce that goes brilliantly with grilled steak. For more inspiration with horseradish, check out our November Herb of the Month!
Number of Servings: 2
- 2 12oz Rib eye steaks
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1.5 Tbsp horseradish
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Roast 4 cloves garlic in 1 Tbsp. olive oil at 400 for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Take out and puree in processor or mince finely by hand.
- Hand rub the steaks with the remaining oil. Salt and pepper to taste and grill over hot coals, about 5 to 7 minutes per side for a medium steak.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, roasted garlic, horseradish and maple syrup. Season with saslt and pepper.
- Plate steaks with your favorite side dish and spoon horseradish sauce on top of the steak.